Friday, August 17, 2018

BANGOR MAINE PUBLIC HOUSING

You will not find much here on Bangor Maine simply because of the way the city of Bangor runs its housing projects.  To put it simply, you don't chose where you will live in public housing in Bangor, the city will place you in a project of their choosing.  .
I found this out nearly twenty years ago when I was looking for a project in Bangor.  After visiting a number of projects we located the one we wanted to live at, and applied for an application.  It was your standard application with the exception that instead of having one project listed on it, it had many.  We circled the project we had found that we really liked and wrote in its name along the side of the page, and were contacted and told the city will pick the project you get to move into based on the information you supplied on your application.  We were asked if we were still interested in an apartment and I told the lady, no thanks, no one tells me were I am going to live.
Hopefully the city has changed the way they do things, but that was my experience with applying for housing in Bangor, Maine.